|resources:||Home Screenshots Installation Source Code|
- Grab and Drag 2.8.2 released
- Grab and Drag is registered at Babelzilla for translation to other languages
- Jim Chen's Gesso extension enables the Vista floating TIP in Firefox. It is currently being incorporated into the Mozilla codebase for automatic TIP support in future releases of Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.
- GeckoTIP enables the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition floating TIP in several Mozilla apps.
- Improve your Tablet PC or UMPC's pen responsiveness throughout Windows XP Tablet PC Edition with the Tabtip-Tamer program.
- I highly recommend the Easy DragToGo extension by Sunwan for users of Grab and Drag. It is an enhanced version of the popular Super Drag and Go extension.
The Grab And Drag extension provides a number of alternative ways to scroll pages in Firefox. It provides Adobe Acrobat-style grab and drag page scrolling and scrollbar-style scrolling initiated by dragging anywhere on the screen. Grab and Drag also recognizes mouse "Flick" gestures for scrolling up, down, left, or right a screenful at a time, and supports page "Momentum", allowing a page to continue scrolling when dragged at a constant velocity and released.
Note: The latest versions of Grab and Drag support Firefox 3.0 only. Thunderbird is no longer being supported. Sorry!
Grab and Drag 2.8.1 (Firefox 3.0 and above only)
Grab and Drag 22.214.171.124 (Firefox/Thunderbird 2.*)
Grab and Drag in action on a touchscreen device:
I can be reached at grabanddrag at hotmathematician.com for feedback, feature requests, and bug reports.
Recent Release History:
- Firefox 5 compatibility
- Nice icon
- Support for HTML5 contenteditable
- Option for left/right flicks to browse back/forward
- Misc. bugfixes
Version 126.96.36.199 - Firefox 3.0 and above only. Thunderbird is no longer supported.
- Firefox 4.0 compatibility
- Cool Previews compatibility
- Misc. bugfixes
- Firefox 3.0 compatibility
- Grab and Drag with middle mouse button now coexists with autoscroll
- Option to disable TextToggle
- Big hand icons
- Misc. bugfixes and tweaks
- Localizations: en-US, de-DE, ko-KR, fr-FR, es-ES, ru-RU, it-IT, nl-NL, zh-CN, zh-TW, cs-CZ
- Momentum friction feature
- Option for Flicks to scroll across entire webpage
- Option of invisible mouse cursor
- Drag multiplier can now be smaller than 1.0
- Bugfixes & performance tweaks
- Bugfixes, fixed incompatibility with Download Statusbar
- Support for other mouse buttons
- Quick Toggle replaced with "TextToggle"
- New dragging behavior options
- Startup Wizard & new preferences layout
- Several bugfixes and functionality tweaks
- Works in CoolIris previews
- Full Firefox 2.0 support including updated theme icons
- Improvements to Momentum algorithm- should be fewer misfires
- Compatibility fix for some previously conflicting extensions
- Flock 0.7 support
- Bugfix: Drag multiplier and Scrollbar mode stopped working
- Bugfix: incompatibility with Tab Mix Plus
- Bugfix: Small toolbar icons not updating properly
- Tweak to improve scrolling smoothness
- Added "Momentum" scrolling
- Smooth scroll stopping
- Fixed incompatibility with "Image Toolbar" extension
- "Flick" mouse gesture page scrolling
- Drag Increment parameter
- Drag Multiplier parameter
- Scrollbar Drag Mode
- Menu Toolbar